Dunkin’ Donuts Inefficiencies
The purpose of this report is to provide an analysis and assessment of potential underlying inefficiency issues at the Biloxi Dunkin’ Donuts. This report will assess relationship between managers and their subordinates, provide SWOT analysis of the company, research advantages and disadvantages of franchising business model on example of Dunkin’ Donuts, discover potential supply chain problems, and study the problem connected to low employee morale as potential reasons for possible inefficiencies that were observed at the Biloxi Dunkin’ Donuts. Potential solutions to the inefficiencies will be suggested. Any interesting material related to the topic that is discovered while researching the main concern with this organization will be included in the formal report.
Dunkin’ Donuts is an American fast-food chain with a head office in Canton, Massachusetts in Greater Boston. It occupied a segment of middle class families who are active users of fast-food industry. Company has a position of a good place and tends to be recognizable not only among Americans.
Dunkin’ Donuts mainly offers variety of donuts, soft drinks and other kinds of bakery goods such as sandwiches and cookies. According to the data presented by BostonGlobe, Dunkin’ Donuts franchise is represented by more than 11 thousand shops all over the world (Swidey, 2014). The company was founded in 1950 by William Rosenberg and achieved enormous results. Like any other restaurant, which operates on a franchise model, Biloxi Dunkin’ Donuts faces various problems connected to its inefficiency. SWOT analysis has to be constructed in order to identify possible reasons of Dunkin’ Donuts inefficiencies.
Strengths:1. Strong brand name and brand loyalty. The company is recognized as a principal donut seller, which offers high quality production, not only in the United States, but also in the rest of the countries.2. Popularity. On an average day, Dunkin’ Donuts sells about 30 cups of fresh coffee each second (Dunkin’ Donuts).3. Huge variety of production.4. Flexible discount system. Dunkin’ Donuts provides customers with variety of coupons and discount proposals, which are sent via the Internet.5. Marketing and advertisement strategies.
1. Constant rifts with franchise owners. Some negative features of franchise model are applicable to Dunkin’ Donuts franchise.
2. Supply chain delays. Visitors have to spend a lot of time waiting for a single donut to be prepared for them. Shortage of various products is a common thing.
3. Poor customer service. The workers of the franchise are not cheerful. They show no respect towards their customers and appear to lack working morale.
1. New horizons. Being a franchise Dunkin’ Donuts can easily switch to new markets and expand to new territories.
2. Supply chain improvement. Supply chain of the company is in a poor condition. It has to be reconstructed.
3. Reconsideration of employee and management relationship. The majority of workers appear not to be happy with the work of employees. It results in a negative feedback from the customers.
1. Increasing popularity of healthy products. Nowadays people are switching from a grey-headed fast food to contemporary healthy restaurants.
2. Competition. The competition within the fast-food industry has always been …